Thursday, October 29, 2009

Yukon Jack

I will introduce this fifth with a quote, care of the label:
"Yukon Jack is a taste born of hoary nights, when lonely men struggled to keep their fires lit and cabins warm, boldly flavorful yet surprisingly smooth, there is no spirit like Yukon Jack... the Black sheep of Canadian Liquors"
Fuck. It was only years later that I found out Yukon Jack's true identity: a honey-flavored Canadian whiskey. Because when I first invested my 15 dollars into this golden bottle of pain, I could have sworn I was drinking a mixture of gasoline and honey.

It was a cold and wintery night that brought me to this curiosity of a whiskey. It was syrupy and almost nauseating to drink, but Seawolf and I managed our way through about 3/4 of the bottle. Feeling ill, dizzy, and mildly high, we were then dragged off to see the movie Cloverfield. If you will recall this film, you'll know that the camera is all things shaky, spinny, flashy, and otherwise absolutely horrible for Yukon Jack-induced drunkenness.

The particular bottle in question was relegated to "punishment liquor" for drinking games. We would later realize that this bottle may have somehow "expired," as others reported previous positive experiences with the 'Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment