Friday, January 29, 2010

Dead Guy Whiskey Pt 2

The Flavor.

I knew I had to buy a fifth of Dead Guy after tasting a whiskey and coke at their brewery in Portland. It had an interesting and unique flavor that made it stand out from the ordinary whiskeycoke. And so tonight, for no other reason than my lack of self-control, I dug into my bottle of Dead Guy.

I started off drinking it straight up, working my way though the different incarnations of whiskeydrank. Drinking it neat was surprisingly pleasant. It doesn't have the fire that usually comes with a normal whiskey, but it still very much so 80 proof. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but there are definitely distinct flavors happening that normal whiskey doesn't have. Maybe even a citrus flavor in there.

Drinking it with ice was good, but I think I almost prefer it without. The warm temperature balanced the flavor well. Don't need the ice to balance out the pain we're used to with whiskeys.

If you're feeling like you need a solid bottle of whiskey, I would absolutely recommend Dead Guy. I would even call it a celebration whiskey (at about 40 bucks a pop, you better have a good reason). I think I can say confidently that this and Maker's as my favorite whiskeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment